Circle Home COVID Safety Policy
Circle Home residents may be severely immunocompromised and require additional protection from potential infections and illnesses. We rely on the good health of our staff and volunteers to ensure adequate care of our residents. PLEASE DO NOT VISIT IF YOU ARE SICK.
Circle Home COVID safety policy is based on recommendations from the NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) to minimize the exposure to COVID-19:
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated.
- Residents admitted to Circle Home from a hospital, nursing home, or private residence are requested to have a negative COVID test within 24-48 hours of arrival.
- General visiting hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Family, partners, significant others, and close friends are allowed to visit at all times with permission of the staff.
- Visitors should check-in at the Welcome area upon arrival. All visitors must sign in and attest to not having any symptoms of possible COVID-19 or any other contagious illness with symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or fatigue.
- We ask all visitors to please stay home if they have been exposed to the virus (even without active symptoms).
- Visitors must wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer upon entering the house and leaving the house.
- Masks are encouraged but are not mandatory. You may be asked to wear a mask based on the needs of a resident.
- All residents, family, volunteers, staff, and visitors are aware, understand, and accept the risks of unintentional exposure to COVID-19 while visiting, working, or living at Circle Home.
- Non-compliance with the COVID safety policy by any person, regardless of their role, may result in denial of entry to Circle Home.
Changes to this policy will be at the discretion of the Home Director. Thank you for your cooperation.