Giving from Your Heart to Circle Home
You can make a significant difference for future residents of Jim & Lisa’s Circle Home—and in your own life, as well. As Circle of Friends for the Dying opens the doors to Circle Home at last, you can help! Consider these heartfelt ways to give out of the richness of your own life that will ensure benefits to those in need of a home during the last few months of their lives.
Some Ways to Give
- Annual/monthly cash pledges: qualifies for charitable income tax donations.
- Personal property: collectibles, jewelry, fine art, crypto currency donated will be appraised for value and can be used for a deduction.
- Real estate: Jim & Lisa’s Circle Home was donated to CFD, and other property will also be accepted for use or for sale.
- Matching funds: Your employer may match your charitable giving.
- Marketable securities: You will incur no capital gains tax donating stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Retirement and pension plans: CFD can be named as beneficiary or co-beneficiary of a 401K or other retirement plans.
- Corporate gifts: You can deduct charitable gifts up to 25% of taxable income.
Create a Legacy Gift
- Trusts: Allocate a percentage of your total estate to CFD.
- Life insurance: Life insurance is a tool with many purposes. Perhaps when your children were young, you purchased policies to provide them with financial protection. But if your situation has changed, you might be interested in one of the more satisfying uses for life insurance you no longer need by donating it to Circle of Friends for the Dying to care for those at the end of life. Or take out a new policy naming CFD as the beneficiary.
How to Make It Happen
Making Circle of Friends for the Dying the beneficiary of your retirement plan assets, IRA, life insurance, or commercial annuities is easy:
- Contact the institution that controls the asset for a change-of-beneficiary form. Many have the forms on their website available for download.
- Decide what amount of the account value you would like CFD to receive, between 1-100 percent.
- Name Circle of Friends for the Dying, Inc. as the beneficiary.
- Return or submit the form as directed by the institution.
- Make sure to let CFD and other beneficiaries know that you have included us so we can make sure your legacy is protected.
- When considering any of these charitable arrangements, it is crucial to have a knowledgeable person guide you. We encourage you to work with qualified advisors, and we would be happy to answer any questions regarding charitable giving that you or your advisors may have. Thank you in advance!
- You can make your gift to CFD in honor of, or in memory of, someone you care about, while retaining lifetime income that provides income, estate, and gift tax savings. A gift in your will or living trust allows you to make an even greater impact than you ever thought possible. Whether you designate a set amount or a percentage of your estate, you can have an extraordinarily positive impact on the lives of those who come to Circle Home.
Circle of Friends for the Dying is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Therefore, your donation is 100% tax deductible, as allowed by law.
Full Name: Circle of Friends for the Dying, Inc.
Tax ID: 80-0876549
Address: 100 Wurts Street, Kingston, NY 12401
For more information please call 845 802-0970
”A bequest is ‘the act of giving, leaving by will, passing on to another’ something of personal significance and meaning to the
donor–the legacy of a person’s lifetime of accomplishments, perhaps, or something of their precious possessions. To bequeath is to entrust the recipient with the responsibility of valuing what’s been given with due honor. It’s no small thing on either side of the transaction.”